Wednesday 20 October 2010

Spending Review Yorkshire -Top attractions remain free

Did you know these great days out are all wholly or partly funded by the public sector? (Local councils to be precise). Charging an entrance fee wouldn’t generate much revenue but might perhaps be used to save or secure some public sector jobs. How about the Banking sector funding attractions such as these on a non-profit making basis instead, as a good will gesture? That would save the public money too. What do you think?

Royal Armouries museum, Armouries Drive, Leeds (free)

York Railway museum, Leeman Road, York (free)

National Coal Mining Museum, Caphouse colliery, New Road, Overton, Wakefield (free)

Museum of Film and Photography, Bradford, West Yorkshire (free)

Yorkshire Sculpture Park, West Bretton, Wakefield (free)




Leeds Art Gallery, The Headrow, Leeds (free)

Leeds City Museum, Milleneum Square, Leeds (free)





Follow Yorkshireartist on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have always enjoyed problem solving for friends and family and as a teacher for the last 18 years this is part of what I do every day. During the last year I have been rediscovering a passion for writing and I have recently produced a short story and several reviews for my blog www.doctorfinkel.blogspot.com - Places to visit and eat/drink in Leeds, Yorkshire UK. I am also offering my services as a freelance writer.